Earlier I mentioned trying to find “my new normal”. My friend Brandi said she liked the term a lot… and I’ll be honest it kinda stuck with me, so I’ve made it the theme of this year – finding my new normal.
To that end, I thought it might be good to create some goals for 2012. Originally, with 40 looming next year, I was thinking of resurrecting my 101 list from back in 2008, modifying it to a more reachable 40 items, but really, the process just left me feeling like it was all so rushed. I just haven’t had time to contemplate what I really want to complete to feel a sense of accomplishment before the big 4-0.
Instead, I pared down my list to this varied 12 goals. One goal a month seems achievable. I suspect most of you would agree.
So here’s the plan for the next year:
- Catalog stray recipes
- Grow a herb garden – planted and harvested!
- Clean out garage (mainly so I create a kickboxing setup and use the fantastic 100lb hanging bag hubby bought me for Christmas – oh yea)
- Clean out spare bedroom (my mom is retiring this year, so it can no longer be my craft room)
Learn to play Sudoku– I did!
- Run a paperless office (otherwise known as scan and shred all stray papers)
- Read 4 self-improvement/work-related/biography books
- Take a photography class
- Whittle down my photo backlog from 2010
- Try a craft I’ve never attempted before
- Create memory board
- Sew an outfit for Baby Girl
Sure… doesn’t seem like a lot, but with baby girl running in tow, even the littlest of tasks can seem like a mountain to scale. Who doesn’t know that feeling?
What about you? It’s the second week of the year, have you finalized your goals – made plans for the things you want to accomplish?