Two weeks ago, I wrote a post about things to do to help tame curly hair - my biggest beauty blunder. One of those things I mentioned was to wrap your curly hair in a band. Hair bands are great to tame the frizzies near the crown of my head. I use them all the time!
Among wrapping your curly hair in a band, there are a few other hair accessories you can use to finesse your curls into submission and avoid any embarrassing beauty disasters:
- Hair Clips – Great for taming a group of stray curls. They make lovely, romantic decorations.
- Hair Combs - Great for securing a side of your hair up and away from your face, you can also use hair combs to sweep your hair up into a bun and secure it.
- Hair Forks – My favorite accessory of all time. A quick twist and swoop of the hair up, pinned in place with a hair fork tames all the crazy curls.
- Hair Pins - Hair pins are usually made with a bobby pin styled base. While most curly girls have a ton of volume and this type of hair accessory won’t do much for long-lasting hold, they’re great for quick tucks of stray curls. They also make romantic hair decorations.
- Hair Scarfs – Good for windy days to keep your curls out of your face.
At a loss of where to find a few of these trinkets? Here are a some of my favorite hair accessories found on Etsy: