A couple of posts back I mentioned that I went to a gem show in California and was sorely disappointed. That left me coming home with an itch to get my hands on some beautiful gems.
With my feature in Daily Candy Atlanta, I was able to generate enough funds to purchase some higher quality stones and pearls. Lucky for me, there was a local show here for the day after we returned. I came home with such a huge stash (well, nothing like the Hong Kong trip, but definitely out of the normal for me), I’ve been dying to show them to you.
This first set, in order from top to bottom, is:
* Top-drilled pearls, copper color
* Coin pearls, copper color
* Potato pears, copper color
* Quartz ovals faceted
* Moonstone squares faceted and top-drilled
* A strand of mixed pairs of gems (This was the best find for me – fairly reasonable and I get a great mix of stones to play with.)
* Rutilated quartz faceted ovals (My most expensive purchase, but they were so worth it.)
* Chalcedony coins
* Prasiolite faceted ovals (My second most expensive purchase, again well worth it.)
* Smokey quartz faceted twists
* Smokey quartz rectangles
* Hessonite faceted coins
* Citrine faceted ovals
* Ametrine faceted squares
* Iolite faceted coins
The second set is a ton of rutilated quartz in 4mm and 6mm sizes and a strand of smokey quartz faceted rounds. I never realized that rutilated quartz could come in such a variance of colors until I had a conversation with another shopper at the gem show. We ended up splitting a hank of the faceted rounds. I wish I had purchased more of the 6mm rounds though. They are just too yummy.
If you live in the local area, stop by my booth at the Christmas in Central Park event and get a first hand look at these gems. I’ve already broken up several of the strands (the rutilated quartz and prasiolite ovals), but may not get a chance to post them online until after the show. Definitely worth stopping by to take a look!